Students who are transferring to Lincoln College from another college or university must submit official transcripts from all other institutions of higher education attended. Transfer students may enter the College at the beginning of any semester; they must submit their high school transcript record, standardized test scores; and in some cases an on campus personal interview and letters of recommendation are required. If the student was on probation at the previous institution and/or maintained less than a 2.0 (4.0 scale) grade point average, they must be admitted to Lincoln College upon review by the Academic Review Committee or the Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Services. Students with less than a 2.0 transfer grade point average may be accepted on a conditional acceptance.
Deposit and Refund Policies
A $25.00 application fee must be included with student’s application for admission to Lincoln College. In addition, the college requires that a $75.00 enrollment deposit and, if residing in the residence halls, a $125.00 housing deposit be paid upon acceptance to the College to guarantee housing and classroom space. While the application fee is nonrefundable, the deposits are refundable until May 1 if students decide not to attend Lincoln College.
Based upon the number of credit hours for which a student desires to enroll, the application procedure may vary. All procedural steps are required.
- Submit completed admissions application.
- Pay $25.00 application fee.
- Applications must be accompanied by official high school transcripts. Official high school transcripts are required upon graduation from high school for use in class scheduling and placement and to verify the student’s completion of secondary education requirements. An official G.E.D. transcript and results of the G.E.D. test must be submitted by all students who do not graduate from a state recognized high school. All final, official high school transcripts and G.E.D. scores must be on file prior to registration for a second semester and before any official transcripts will be released.
- An ACT or SAT score is also required. A report of this score on an official high school transcript is sufficient.
- Students transferring from another college or university must also provide official college transcripts from all institutions attended.
- Students should contact the admissions office at Lincoln College (800) 569-0556 to schedule a campus visit and interview.
* Please note: All final, official high school and/or final, official college transcripts must be submitted by the last day of the add/drop period.
- Upon notification of acceptance to Lincoln College, the student must forward a $75.00 enrollment and $125.00 housing (if resident student) deposit in order to register for classes and guarantee housing space.
- The student must attend a Student Orientation and Registration (S.O.A.R.) event and participate in placement testing, and register for classes with the help of a Lincoln College academic advisor.
- Financial aid advisement is available to interested students (all students enrolling in six hours or more are required to file an application for financial aid and turn in the results S.A.R.S. to the Financial Aid office at Lincoln College within six weeks).
- Submit all required health documents, including immunization information, providing compliance with regulations established by the Department of Public Health.
Confirmation of Early Registration
Students must pay tuition and fees or make arrangements for deferred tuition payments (if needed) on a prescribed date before classes begin. This step confirms the class schedule.
For students who have not registered early by attending a S.O.A.R. event, a regular registration period will be held prior to the start of classes each semester.
Choosing a college is an important and sometimes difficult decision. Catalogs, letters, and brochures are helpful, but none can replace seeing the campus and meeting the personalities who make up the Lincoln College community. Plan a visit soon by calling our admissions office at (800) 569-0556. We are here to welcome you on weekdays from 8 a.m – 5 p.m. and on Saturdays by appointment only.