Course numbers: 176, 177, 276, 277
A student may arrange for independent study with an instructor if there is demonstrated need for such an arrangement. The instructor and the student must complete an Independent Study Proposal form available in the Office of Academic Affairs. The Independent Study Proposal must be approved by the appropriate instructor, the Division Chair, and the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- This approval procedure must be completed before work on the Independent Study begins.
- A student may receive credit for no more than one Independent Study course per semester.
- An Independent Study course may be approved for one or two hours of credit but will not be approved for more than two hours of credit.
- All Independent Study courses must be officially approved and filed prior to the seventh week of the semester.
- Independent Study credit may be used only for elective credit in fulfilling degree requirements.