As a theatre major, you are in control and we cater to your interests. Your course of study will provide you knowledge of theatre through courses, experience learning the craft of theatre on stage and behind the scenes. LC Theatre performs five to six productions per year and students are considered fully for roles and crew assignments as soon as they step in the door. Freshmen can get leads in our shows and can sign up to design. You do not have grad students to compete with for roles and crew assignments. There is no waiting around to show your stuff and talent scholarships are available.
The Bachelor of Arts in Theatre is a generalist degree, which means that students will be exposed to every aspect of theatre. Our students are encouraged to get involved in all facets of the production, and will be given the necessary training to succeed in these areas. We welcome all skill levels and will meet students where they are.
We offer a senior project that will allow you to expand on your area of interest: are you a director? You will have an opportunity to direct a show on our stage. Are you a designer? You will have an opportunity to design a full show. Wherever your interest is, we will give you the opportunity to expand it!
Upon successful completion of the Bachelor of Arts in Theatre, the graduate will be able to:
- Think conceptually and critically about text, performance, and production.
- Demonstrate an understanding of playwriting and production processes, aesthetic properties of style, and the way these shape and are shaped by artistic and cultural forces.
- Possess an acquaintance with a wide selection of theatre repertory including the principle eras, genres, and cultural sources.
- Develop and defend informed judgments about theatre.
- Demonstrate and understanding of procedures and approaches for realizing a variety of theatrical styles.
- Employ intermediate to advanced competence in one or more theatre specialization in creation, performance, or scholarship.