Students may join any college-sponsored organization that is approved by the Student Senate. In order to be approved, an organization must:
- Not discriminate in its membership on the basis of race, color, sex, creed, religion, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, and/or status in any group protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Not engage in initiation practices that are disruptive to campus life or of potential danger to students.
- Have an active sponsor who is a member of the Lincoln College faculty or staff and is approved by the Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Services.
- Have a philosophy and method of operation that contributes to constructive campus life.
- Submit organization membership rosters to the Director of Student Activities.
All organizations seeking approval must complete a form available in the Student Services Office prior to meeting. The Student Senate may limit the number of approved organizations to ensure the quality of the student activities program. The only student organization that maintains permanent approval status is Phi Theta Kappa, the international honor society.