PER 101: Introduction to Physical Education
This course includes a history of physical education theory and philosophy up to the present time. Various theories and methods are treated to provide the student with a broad understanding of the place of physical education today.
PER 102: First Aid/Safety
This course discusses first aid practices to give the student an appreciation of good safety habits. It is designed to acquaint the student with manual and practical application of basic first aid methods.
PER 103: Athletic Injuries
This course covers general first-aid practices with specific emphasis on care and prevention of athletic injuries, taping and wrapping techniques, and discussion of general therapy for athletic injuries will also be included.
PER 105: Pool Management
This course is designed for the student wanting a background in natatorium operation. All aspects of pool operation are covered: facility sanitation, filtration methods, water purity testing, various types of instruction and supervision, and scheduling of the facility.
PER 106: Officiating
This course is designed to acquaint the student with the rules and officiating techniques of a variety of sports through classroom work and actual experience with the College’s intramural program.
PER 109: Intramural Management
The focus of this course is on organization and management of an intramural program. In addition to classroom work, actual experience in scheduling, coordination, promoting, and operation will be provided through the College’s intramural program.
PER 140: Lifesaving and Water Safety
This course provides instruction and practice in lifesaving techniques. This course is open to all students with swimming ability. Certified by the American Red Cross.
PER 260: History and Philosophy of Physical Education
This is an introductory professional course which includes historical background and philosophical issues related to physical education.
PER 262: Social-Psychology of Physical Education
This course is a survey of cultural, social, and psychological factors influencing sport and physical activity behavior.
Physical Education Activities
The following physical education activity courses provide an introduction to the principles of lifelong health and recreation and instruction in various indoor, outdoor, and water sports and activities. All courses 2:0:1.
- PER 120: Running/Jogging for Fitness
- PER 139: Pilates I Mat Class
- PER 141: Pilates II Mat Class
- PER 150: Activity I
- PER 151: Activity II
- PER 153: Weight Lifting/Fitness I
- PER 154: Weight Lifting/Fitness II
- PER 158: Circuit Training I
- PER 159: Circuit Training II
- PER 160: Beginning Swimming
- PER 161: Advanced Swimming
- PER 164: Aerobics I
- PER 165: Aerobics II
- PER 180: Basketball/Softball
Physical Education Varsity Athletics
Credit is granted for participation in intercollegiate varsity athletics. A student may earn one semester hour of credit per semester for such participation. One credit earned in this manner may apply toward degree requirements while all others will be counted as electives.
- PER 113: Varsity Sports Conditioning I
- PER 114: Varsity Sports Conditioning II
- PER 115: Varsity Sports Conditioning III
- PER 116: Varsity Sports Conditioning IV
- PER 200: Varsity Golf I
- PER 201: Varsity Golf II
- PER 202: Varsity Golf III
- PER 203: Varsity Golf IV
- PER 204: Varsity Cross Country I
- PER 205: Varsity Cross Country II
- PER 206: Varsity Volleyball I
- PER 207: Varsity Volleyball II
- PER 208: Varsity Soccer I
- PER 209: Varsity Soccer II
- PER 210: Varsity Soccer III
- PER 211: Varsity Soccer IV
- PER 212: Varsity Wrestling I
- PER 213: Varsity Wrestling II
- PER 214: Varsity Wrestling III
- PER 215: Varsity Wrestling IV
- PER 216: Varsity Softball I
- PER 217: Varsity Softball II
- PER 218: Varsity Softball III
- PER 219: Varsity Softball IV
- PER 220: Varsity Spiritleading/Cheerleading I
- PER 221: Varsity Spiritleading/Cheerleading II
- PER 222: Varsity Spiritleading/Cheerleading III
- PER 223: Varsity Spiritleading/Cheerleading IV
- PER 224: Varsity Basketball I
- PER 225: Varsity Basketball II
- PER 226: Varsity Basketball III
- PER 227: Varsity Basketball IV
- PER 228: Varsity Baseball I
- PER 229: Varsity Baseball II
- PER 230: Varsity Baseball III
- PER 231: Varsity Baseball IV
- PER 232: Varsity Swimming I
- PER 233: Varsity Swimming II
- PER 234: Varsity Swimming III
- PER 235: Varsity Swimming IV
- PER 243: Varsity Track I
- PER 244: Varsity Track II
- PER 245: Varsity Volleyball III
- PER 246: Varsity Volleyball IV
- PER 271: Varsity Dance I
- PER 272: Varsity Dance II
- PER 273: Varsity Dance III
- PER 274: Varsity Dance IV
- VAR 212: Varsity Wrestling V
- VAR 213: Varsity Wrestling VI
- VAR 224: Varsity Basketball V
- VAR 225: Varsity Basketball VI