Students accepted on a conditional basis are required to enroll in a cohort learning community of three linked courses for their first semester. The linked courses typically include two general education courses and one First-Year Experience course. The student will then complete their course load with courses from the general course listing. Faculty members engage in curriculum planning before and during the semester and attempt to synchronize course content, assignments, and discipline connections. Requirements of the linked courses include:
- All conditionally admitted students begin the fall semester on academic probation:
- limited to a maximum 15 academic credit hours;
- must earn a minimum 2.0 grade point average at the end of the first semester in order to return for the following semester.
- Students are not allowed to drop or withdraw from any of the three linked courses.
- Should a student be administratively withdrawn from a linked course, they will be required to withdraw from all three linked courses.