Support the Museum
We thank you for considering making a gift to the Lincoln Heritage Museum. Your financial assistance will help advance and preserve our collection. Additionally, such funds will further the enhancement of our design and build for our new facility due to open in 2013. To achieve our vision of the new Lincoln Heritage Museum becoming the nation’s next great museum, we need your support. Your gift takes us significantly towards realizing that goal. It is from gifts such as yours that allow us to welcome visitors from all over the world to enjoy the rare pieces we display, and as well, it allows us to provide an educational service for our schools and the community.
For monetary gifts to our museum, and to aid other funds for the college, visit the Lincoln College Advancement Office.
Friends of Lincoln Heritage Museum Memberships
Your investment in a membership with The Lincoln Heritage Museum supports our efforts to preserve Abraham Lincoln’s legacy and fulfill our mission. Conservation efforts and educational opportunities for students, the community, and domestic and international visitors are further enhanced by membership support. We hope you will consider becoming a member today!
Scholar (Lincoln College Students)
- The student and a guest will receive admission to the museum with each visit, with a valid ID 10% discount at Museum gift shop.
1809, the year Abraham Lincoln was born ($40-$99)
- A personalized certificate.
- 10% discount at Museum gift shop.
- Email updates with special news and events.
1853, the year the town of Lincoln was dedicated ($100-$499)
- All the benefits of the 1809 membership level.
- Advance notice of programs.
1860, the year Abraham Lincoln became the 16th President ($500-$999)
- All the benefits of the 1853 membership level.
- Three free admissions to the Museum.
- Invitations to exhibit previews.
1865, the year Lincoln College was founded ($1,000+)
- All the benefits of the 1860 membership level.
- An engraved paver (8×8), to be placed outside the museum area.
Charter Membership ($5,000+)
- Name recognition displayed in the Museum.
- Payable over three years, the duration of the membership.
- Will receive a charter membership card entitling that member and a guest to free admission to the Museum and all the benefits below for three years.
- An engraved paver (12×12) to be placed outside the museum area.
- 10% discount in the Museum gift shop.
- Invitation to members only special events including first look at up and coming exhibits.
- A members only private showing of the new LHM before the public opening.
Naming Opportunities ($15,000+)
The Museum offers opportunities to name galleries and public spaces. These naming opportunities—in grateful recognition of leadership gifts from the Museum’s most generous supporters—ensure that your generosity will be recognized for years to come.
Engraved pavers are also available (pavers will be placed outside of the LHM)
- An 8×8 paver for $250.
- An 12×12 paver for $500.
The Lincoln Heritage Museum also accepts gifts of actual items, as long as they are relevant to the Museum’s collecting goals, and that they fit within the scope of our theme, particularly, but not limited to, the scope of Abraham Lincoln, the American Civil War, 19th Century historical pieces, Logan County as it relates to Lincoln and/or the Civil War, and the American presidency. The Museum accepts into its collections only those items that relate to its mission, that complements or strengthens existing collections, and that can be given proper care by the Museum. The Museum makes no promises that donations will be displayed. Generally, the Museum accepts only those donated collections that are given without restriction. Federal regulations apply on all donations. Under certain circumstances, the museum also accepts temporary and permanent loans. The Lincoln Heritage Museum adheres to museum appropriate standards of professional care in its collections management.
To donate or become a member of the museum, contact the curator, Ron Keller, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (217) 732-3155 extension 295